Terms & Conditions for classroom-based courses
JAQC Jewellery Academy
Please read these terms & conditions carefully.
When you book a course you are agreeing to and are bound by our terms & conditions.
We may amend and update these terms and conditions at any time. These changes will take effect of the moment they are posted on our website jaqcjewellery.com and it is your responsibility to check the terms & conditions every time you use this website and your continued use of the website will signify your acceptance of our latest terms and conditions.
How to book a class?
You can book a class on our website. We accept payment via PayPal. All card information is handled over SSL encryption.
Please follow this link for booking any of our classes.(At the moment we do not offer classes due to the covid-19)
Once the full payment for a class has been made your place will be booked and you will receive a class confirmation no later than two weeks before the start of the course.
Please note: We regret that we cannot offer refunds or transfers on any of our classes.
1.If you cancel a class
- If for any reason you need to cancel a course then we regret that no refund can be issued. We operate our courses based on the number of students booked in and would not be able to offer such a high quality and professional service if we offered refunds and transfers.
- If you fail to attend a course for any reason, no refund will be given and no transfer request will be accepted.
2. If we cancel a class
In the unlikely event that we cancel a class, we offer a full refund or an alternative date. We will give you as much notice as possible. However, we cannot be responsible for pre-booked travel and accommodation arrangements.
Please understand that our classes are intense and that we will cover a lot of content. Hence, it is important to arrive on time when the course starts and return on time when the course resumes after a break.
The tutor will not be liable for any information you might have missed. The tutor will not repeat any content.
Limitation of Liability
We (JAQC Jewellery Academy and its staff) shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage suffered by a course participant (student) or any third party or any injury caused to or suffered by a person or damage or loss to property arising from or occasioned by:
- a students participation in any courses or classes offered.
- any malfunction or unauthorised use of the tools and equipment provided.
- The course participant (student) agrees that no claims will be made against the JAQC Jewellery Academy Management or staff for any reason whatsoever. The student hereby holds the Management and its employees harmless from all claims which may be brought against them by or on a student’s behalf for any aforementioned claims.
Any person considered to be under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed access to the classroom and no refund will be offered under such circumstances. JAQC Jewellery Academy will not tolerate any anti-social behaviour towards other persons and anyone acting in such a manner may be asked to leave without being refunded for their class.
Failure to adhere to the JAQC Jewellery Academy terms and conditions may result in being removed from the class without a refund.
Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working at the school as well as visitors and families.
Schools need and welcome publicity. However, photographs must be used in a responsible way.
Images taken by students during class
We do not allow the filming or taking photos during a class.
Images for school publications:
- The school will only take and use images that are appropriate.
- Students will be made aware of why their picture is being taken and how it will be used.
- The school recognises that images must not be used to cause distress, upset or embarrassment.
In the beginning of each course, students will receive a copy of the media policy to sign. In this way, each student can give permission to JAQC Jewellery Academy to take images of the students or/and their work.
We guarantee that the services provided under these booking terms will be performed with reasonable skill and care.
You warrant to us that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and you have full authority, power and capacity to agree to these booking terms.
- The information provided in or in connection with your booking request is accurate and complete.
- You will be able to attend the event at the time and in the place advertised.You are at least 18 years of age.